Join Us for a rare Glimpse at a rare Breed
- $30 Field Trip: Gypsy Gold Horse Farm
- The Saint Augustine Camera Club is pleased to announce a return to one of our members’ favorites locations — The Gypsy Gold Horse Farm in Ocala, FL. It’s hard to believe we were last there in 2018.
- We have booked a private photo tour in beautiful morning light from 8:00 to 10:00 am on Saturday, November 12th. The trip is open to Saint Augustine Camera Club Members only.
- Gypsy Gold Horse Farm was the first place in the United States to breed beautiful, long-maned Gypsy Vanner horses. On our visit, the farm owners will share the farm’s history, take us through the stables; show off their horses, and give us a private opportunity to to photograph the stallions, mares, and foals romping in their pastures.
- The tour cost is $45 per person, but The SACC is paying $15 of that, so your cost is $30. You must register and prepay here to reserve your place. Click on Register and Pay button below
- The address is 12501 8th Ave, Ocala, FL 34473, (The farm suggests entering “Gypsy Gold Horse Farm” in your navigation programs to get the best routing) which is about a two hour drive from downtown St. Augustine. If you would like to arrange a carpool, feel free to reach out to your friends in the club or post to the discussion tab on the Facebook event page.