Saint Augustine Camera Club
Display your photographs
at the Southeast and Anastasia Island Branch Libraries of
the St Johns Public Library System
- Photographs on paper should be framed. Canvas and metal prints do not need to be framed. Acrylic prints are too heavy. Glass photographs are too pricey. Please enjoy your acrylic and glass photos at home or on display at museums.
- All photographs must have hanging wires. This makes it much easier to hang. The staff at the Southeast Branch hangs the pictures and a SACC member hangs the pictures at the Anastasia Island Branch.
- Each item should include the following information:
- Title _________________________
E-mail or Website ______________
Text or phone number in case of accident ______________________
Only title, your name, and e-mail/website are displayed on the information card.
- SACC is not responsible for damage to your photographs while on display.
The Southeast Branch has a wall using hanging wires as you can see below. We have found that when the staff hang them, the tauter the hanging wire, the better because of display system they use. Please beware that the picture, the frame, and the glass/plexiglass can be heavy. Overall measurements of frame and photographs with glass exceeding 18x24 are too large to hang. Plexiglass covering for large photos is better for the display. We can hang about a dozen. Displays for the Southeast Branch are scheduled to be changed in the odd numbered months.
The Anastasia Island Branch has several plaster-covered pillars in the computer section where we can display our photographs. These photographs are hung on Command Hooks or nails. Please do not send glass covered photographs for this branch. The pillars will only hold up to 11x14 or 14x11 pictures. Normal wire guidelines are the best for this display. There is space for a about a dozen pictures. The items on display at the Anastasia Island Branch are changed in the even numbered months.