Saint Augustine Camera Club
2019 SACC 8th Annual Member Show
October 2019 (OPENING DATE TBA)
- Submissions (maximum 2) via this website form and $25 for up to 2 entries. Entries must be submitted and paid for by midnight August 16 2019. They will be juried and notifications sent before August 22 2019.
- Payments may be made via paypal/credit card on the website or by mailing a check to the treasurer: SACC 1965 A1A South #130, St. Aug. FL, 32080
- Entries should be jpg format.
- Photos may be manipulated with Photoshop or other software.
- Entries may be color or B/W, no theme.
- Must be a paid member.
- Photos must be taken within the last two years.
- The Novice Category – has all the same requirements as General show except that it is only open to those with little or no experience in entering a photo show. It will be self-defined by entrant, and will have separate judging and awards. Once you have earned an award in the SACC member show or another prominent local photography show you are no longer eligible to enter this category in future shows.
- Framing - if entries are framed they must be in a black frame with white mat and be covered with glass or acrylic.
- Acrylic and metal ARE also acceptable. NO CANVAS. All entries must have a secure wire on the back with the top middle of wire approximately 3-4” below the top of frame when picture is hung. No other hanger is acceptable unless specially designed for the particular acrylic or metal piece
- Work must be delivered to the Saint Augustine Art Association at a time to be announced. If it is not delivered within time window, it will not be displayed.
- SACC reserves the right to disallow an entry if it does not meet specified guidelines.
- In submitting your work as an artist, it is your responsibility to make sure appropriate permissions are obtained for use of an image. If the need exists in getting a release from a subject for using their image in a photo, you must obtain a release.
- Liabilities: The SACC/SAAA will not be responsible for any damage or loss from any cause. All care will be taken with entries.
There are three jurors. These digital entries will be scored anonymously. There will be 2 categories, open and novice.
All pictures will be judged on:
2. technical execution
3. creativity and innovation
4. overall visual impact
The numerical scores from each of the jurors will be added and averaged for each entry and the results sorted in descending order. The top 40-50 entries will be invited to hang and compete for awards.
Both General and Novice categories will be juried and judged. But each category will have its own awards .
SHOW JUDGES: Two qualified judges from outside the club will see images for the first time on the morning of the show opening.
First Place $200
Second Place $100
Third Place $50
First Place $600
Second Place $300
Third Place $150
Honorable mention 1 $75
Honorable mention 2 $75
Honorable mention 3 $75
People’s Choice $100
Sponsor Awards to be added as well
Total Prize Money $1,725
Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Saturday 12-4:00pm
22 Marine St
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Entrances on Charlotte and Marine. Free Admission.
SALES AND COMMISSIONS
In the event StAAA sells your entry while it is on display in their gallery, they will handle all sales transactions. For their effort and as a part of our contract with them, they will deduct a 30 % commission (before taxes and shipping expenses if applicable).
END OF SHOW PICK-UP
To insure the safe and legitimate return of all images to their rightful artist, picture ID’s and a signature release may be required at the time of pick-up. Please pick up your entry(s) on TBD
2019 SACC MEMBER SHOW Co-chairs
Catherine Calabria & Debbie Stuart
Art Hughes Cornerstone 1st Place Open "beautiful sense of light and space. Great use of a lower angle and the lines naturally created in the image that just makes your eyes flow up and down the column of light in the back and following the soft flow of the water around the stronger texture of the front focal Rock. Image expertly put together from the use of light, treatment and print. "
Louise Kennedy Reflections 1st Place Novice "wow! very skillful image with great choice of depth of field with the lines curving and leading to the center and fading off in the distance. Subtle but striking use of color. It really invites you to continue to look for additional details and colors. Image exquisitely printed and perfect choice of luster paper. well done."