2017 SACC Member Show
Schedule, Guidelines, and Details
The Saint Augustine Camera Club is pleased to announce the details of the 2017 Member Show, and invites everyone to participate, whether you are a seasoned veteran or a novice. The show will be displayed at The Creative Soul Gallery in the Outlet Mall, and due to venue size and display restrictions, some limitations have been placed. Please review these details and guidelines carefully.
Creative Soul Gallery
Hours of Operation: Monday – Saturday 10:00am – 9:00pm
Sunday 11:00am – 7:00pm
510 Outlet Mall Blvd.
St. Augustine, FL 32084
(East of I95)
- All members in good standing (dues currently paid) may submit up to 2 entries. The entry fee is $30 whether you submit 1or 2 entries. PLEASE NOTE: In the event there is not enough space to hang all the juried entries, SACC will accept only 1 entry per person. Therefore, we ask that at the time of email entry, if you are submitting 2 entries, to designate 1 as your primary entry and 1 as your secondary. If we are restricted to space, your primary entry will be your submitted entry.
- Entries should be submitted via this website using form at bottom of the page. Upon submission, you will be linked to payment page (in store). Submissions not considered until payment is made.
- When submitting your entry (s), please designate whether you are submitting within the “Open” category or within the “Novice” category. The Novice category is only open to those with little or no experience in photo shows, and you may not have won an award in a previous SACC show. This is self-defined by the entrant, and there will be separate judging and awards for this category.
- If you are juried into the show, you may deliver your image to the Creative Soul Gallery on the designated days within the following guidelines:
- All entries, whether framed or otherwise, may not exceed a width of 27 inches, and the outside circumference may not exceed 79 inches.
- If framed, the frame is to be a black with white matt, gallery style frame.
- Canvas, metal, acrylic, and glass are also acceptable presentations.
- All entries must have a secure wire on the back with the top middle of the wire approximately 3-4 inches below the top of the entry when it is hung. No other hanger is acceptable.
- On the back lower right of your entry, please identify with the following information; your name, your contact phone number, the title of the entry, the outside dimensions of the entry, and the sale price.
- All entry photographs must have been taken within the past 2 years.
- Entry photographs may be manipulated by Photoshop or any other editing software.
- Entries may be in color or in black & white. There are no designated themes.
- SACC reserves the right to disallow an entry if it does not meet specified guidelines or is of an offensive nature.
- In submitting your work as an artist, it is your responsibility to make sure appropriate permissions are obtained for use of an image. If a release is needed, you are responsible for obtaining it.
- The SACC and The Creative Soul Gallery will not be responsible for any damage or loss from any cause. Professional care will be taken with all entries.
All submitted entries, both during the jury selection process, as well as for the actual Show judging, will be judged on the following:
AWARDS and PRIZES
First Place $150
Second Place $100
Honorable mention $50
First Place $400
Second Place $250
Third Place $150
Honorable Mention 1 $75
Honorable mention 2 $75
People’s Choice $100
Total Prize Money $1,350
SALES AND COMMISSIONS
In the event Creative Soul Gallery sells your entry while it is on display in their gallery, they will handle all sales transactions. For their effort and as a part of our contract with them, they will deduct a 40 % commission (before taxes and shipping expenses if applicable).
END OF SHOW PICK-UP
To insure the safe and legitimate return of all images to their rightful artist, picture ID’s and a signature release may be required at the time of pick-up. Please pick up your entry(s) on May 16 between 10:00am and 9:00pm.
2017 SACC MEMBER SHOW COMMITTEE
- Diane Abell
- Byron Capo
- Jim Paula
- Rick McAllister, Show Chairperson