2018 SACC Member Show
Schedule, Guidelines, and Details
The Saint Augustine Camera Club is pleased to announce the details of the 2018 Member Show, and invites everyone to participate, whether you are a seasoned veteran or a novice. We are very excited about this year's venue: the St. Augustine Art Association (StAAA) in historic downtown. It is a premier showplace. We will have both the Marguerita Phillips north gallery and Tiberio south gallery, and our pieces will be viewed all month by locals and tourists alike. Please review these details and guidelines carefully.
Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Saturday 12-4:00pm
22 Marine St
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Entrances on Charlotte and Marine. Free Admission.
- All members in good standing (dues currently paid) may submit up to 2 entries. The entry fee is $25 whether you submit 1 or 2 entries.
- Entries should be submitted via this website using form at bottom of the page. Upon submission, you will be linked to payment page (in store). Submissions not considered until payment is made.
- When submitting your entry (s), please designate whether you are submitting within the “Open” category or within the “Novice” category. The Novice category is only open to those with little or no experience in photo shows, and you may not have won an award in a previous SACC show. This is self-defined by the entrant, and there will be separate judging and awards for this category.
- If you are juried into the show, you may deliver your image to the Art Association on the designated days within the following guidelines:
- Frames may not exceed 60x60inches.
- The frame is to be a black with white matt, with glass or plexiglass gallery style frame (no "museum" glass: frosted acrylic or non-glare glass).
- Canvas, metal, acrylic, and glass are NOT acceptable presentations. We are abiding with the gallery rules for this show.
- All entries must have a secure wire on the back with the top middle of the wire approximately 3-4 inches below the top of the entry when it is hung. No other hanger is acceptable.
- On the back lower right of your entry, please identify with the following information; your name, your contact phone number, the title of the entry, the outside dimensions of the entry, and the sale price.
- All entry photographs must have been taken within the past 3 years.
- Entry photographs may be manipulated by Photoshop or any other editing software.
- Entries may be in color or in black & white.
- SACC reserves the right to disallow an entry if it does not meet specified guidelines .
- In submitting your work as an artist, it is your responsibility to make sure appropriate permissions are obtained for use of an image. If a release is needed, you are responsible for obtaining it.
- The SACC and the StAAA will not be responsible for any damage or loss from any cause. Professional care will be taken with all entries.
All submitted entries, both during the jury selection process, as well as for the actual Show judging, will be judged on the following:
New sponsored awards to be announced
AWARDS and PRIZES
First Place $200
Second Place $100
Third Place $50
First Place $600
Second Place $300
Third Place $150
Honorable mention 1 $75
Honorable mention 2 $75
Honorable mention 3 $75
People’s Choice $100
Total Prize Money $1,725
SALES AND COMMISSIONS
In the event StAAA sells your entry while it is on display in their gallery, they will handle all sales transactions. For their effort and as a part of our contract with them, they will deduct a 30 % commission (before taxes and shipping expenses if applicable).
END OF SHOW PICK-UP
To insure the safe and legitimate return of all images to their rightful artist, picture ID’s and a signature release may be required at the time of pick-up. Please pick up your entry(s) on October 29 between 12 and 4:00pm.
2018 SACC MEMBER SHOW Co-chairs
Catherine Calabria & Debbie Stuart